Friday, December 16, 2016

Merry Christmas 2016


Since the fam’lies
have all gone their ways
Except for the folks whose hair grays;
I declare with delight
That because of this plight
I am free from reports of those days

What I offer instead I have made us
Is a colorful map I have laid up
Where you match up the town
To which each has now flown
And from which
they occasionally raid us.

But beyond this map there is another
Showing where God became
our dear Brother
And was Bethlehem-born
on a mid-winter’s morn
To a lovely and low virgin mother.

There’s no arrow that points that direction
Nor a star any more for reflection
But a heavenly word
That proclaims him as Lord
And still offers eternal election.

God rest ye merry, this Christmas 2016 and always 
– the scattered Eckardt family


(in Moline, Ill., Oregon, Ill., Alexandria, Va., Warrensburg, Mo., 
Terre Haute, Ind., Pittsfield, Ill., and back home in Kewanee, Ill.)

No comments:

Post a Comment